Thursday, July 8, 2010

Nathans in Newport - the wedding

Phew! All those posts and we are just now getting to the wedding! I'll let the photos do most of the talking, but here is a quick recap...
Kathryn Nathan and Ryan Coller were married in a quaint chapel on the campus of Salve Regina University in Newport. There ceremony was brief but sweet and Kat was beaming! Such an adorable couple and so happy together!
Baby C got all dressed up for the wedding and was so well-behaved (for the most part).
The reception was a short car ride away at the Astor's Beachwood Mansion. AMAZING! This was the original mansion and such a fairytale location for a wedding.We enjoyed cocktails on the back lawn, overlooking the cliffs and water. They had peach sangria (yum!) and a sushi bar (double yum!) among the highlights.
My amazing parents looked stunning!And my handsome husband was quite the looker that night, too.I got to spend time posing with my earliest photo buddy and one of my best friends, cousin Jess.Before we knew it, we were inside the grand ballroom and ready to welcome the bride and groom inside.
Their first dance was to "At Last" and the sweet lovebirds sang to each other for most of the dance.
After a delicious meal of surf (shrimp) and turf (filet), seated at the cool "cousins" table, it was time to really get the party started!
Nathan and Laux girls hung out in the foyer, waiting for the dancing to begin.My lovely sisters, all dressed up. Look at those blue-eyed beauties! (And how is it that of all the blue-eyed cousins on both sides, I have hazel eyes?!)Cousins from both sides of my family joined in for a photo opp with the bride and groom (minus a few that didn't make it in the pic in time).
The sister of the bride and matron of honor, my cousin Tricia, did a great job on the toast - passing the torch to have babies along to the newlyweds so she could be off the hook! Haha!I had a blast dancing with my love and reminiscing about our own wedding day. It was such a fun night and such a celebration!

Best wishes to the newlyweds, Mr. and Mrs. Coller, who are happily settling back at home already (that's how late I am on the post, I suppose)! Here's to a very happily ever after!

1 comment:

the monkeys' mama said...

wow. how gorgeous all of it was and how gorgeous you look, too! now i want to take a trip up there!