Monday, July 19, 2010

Works in Progress

There's nothing like the anticipation of company to make me tackle some projects I've been putting off around the house. My dear friend is coming to stay for a night before we spend our 5th annual girls' weekend at the beach later this month, so I've got to get moving!
Our guest bath has actually been in pretty good shape since I moved in (after spending an entire day bleaching and scrubbing the you-know-what out of it from the boys that lived here before me) but little things have needed some work.
The mirror didn't have a frame and the sink console was showing a lot of wear from water taking off the stain.So a little bit of trim and some blue paint, and voila! (The trim still needs to be attached - pending a new light fixture, if I can find one that works.)
And on the other side of the house, paint samples have finally made their way onto the wall in our bedroom. It's only taken a year and a half!
I'm leaning towards the top, or far left, color. I told Ryan that once the samples went up it was no turning back, so we're committed to painting now!
Stay tuned for the "after" photos and other projects that may or may not get done in time for our visitor. I have quite the list!

2 comments:

Sjn said...

The guest bath cabinet looks great! Did you sand it first? I can't tell from the photo if it's white or a light shade of blue, either way I love it!
I like the same, top left, for the master. What's the name of the color? Is it a "spa blue" (computer monitors you know, can't tell exactly). The master at the Lake, Alex's bedroom and Baby C's nursery are all close shades of that same color.

The Nealons said...

everything looks fabulous!! I can't wait to see it in person!!