Monday, November 15, 2010

13 weeks

One trimester down, two to go! I can't believe how fast this is going. Slow down Baby M! I am not even close to ready yet!!

I am in constant awe at the miracle of life growing inside of me. Have I mentioned that God is SO good?! While I still feel minimal symptoms (I know, don't hate me - I feel so, so lucky) and don't think I've changed very much, the picture below says it all. No wonder most of my pants won't zip! I can't wait for that to be a real bump! (And hopefully it will stay right there, and not migrate to other places like my face or arms.)

And while I am slowly changing, the munchkin is growing at a rapid pace. We had a 12 week check-up and NT scan so we got to see Baby M on the ultrasound again. It was a great appointment and everything is looking good. He/she went from a hula-dancing shrimplet at 8 weeks to a wiggle baby with fingers and toes at 12 weeks. Adorable!
Here are some other fun stats to help me remember this amazing experience:

How far along: 13 weeks

Size of baby: depending on where you check, either a peach or a lemon. At the appointment on Tuesday, munchkin was about 2.5 inches long.

Total weight gain/loss: According to my appointment, about 1.5 pounds. Thank you Lord! For whatever (vain) reason I have been terrified of blowing up too quickly, so I am thankful it is so low but also now concerned munchkin is getting enough nutrients. The worrying never ends once it begins, does it?!

Maternity clothes: my wonderful mom and sis bought me a few items and I've worn one top so far. Otherwise, I am making use of the Bella bands on my regular pants for as long as I can.

Gender: we shall see! I've been thinking boy because of the lack of morning sickness, but at the ultrasound our tech told us of a new theory and based on "the angle of the dangle" she thinks girl! We will definitely find out, either way. It's making the planning too hard not to know!

Movement: nothing I can feel yet, but the munchkin was definitely wiggling and moving all around on the ultrasound.

Sleep: I have found my trick - two pillows to elevate my head. It helps relieve some back pain I've had since before getting pregnant and (minus any potty breaks during the night) I've been sleeping much better.

What I miss: WINE! I basically haven't changed much else, so there isn't much to miss.

Cravings: random things here and there (baked potato, jelly doughnut, everything bagel) but mostly salty food, especially Mexican.

Symptoms: still a bit bloaty and gassy, more irritable at work, and still overall tired. I've also come down with a bad cold, so that's not helping.

Best moment this week: seeing Baby M do flips on the ultrasound and getting to hear that precious heartbeat again!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Kristin! It's Kelly's friend, Laura. I'm SO happy for you!!! I'll be following along with your blog :) Glad you're feeling well! I know the rest of your family is SO excited! Babies are just such a joy! Congrats!!

Kelly said...

Such a cute little shrimplet! I love your tiny bump. Can't wait to see you and Baby M in a few weeks xoxoxox

Becky said...

Congratulations Kristen! I've been keeping up with you via Kelly. You look great and I hope you are feeling good.

Stefanie said...

Awesome!!! I can't wait to hear what Baby M is...

Are you EXHAUSTED? I remember feeling like I hibernated for a few months because I slept ALL the time. :)

The Nealons said...

Love your photo progression!! And of course all the updates. Keep up the good work keeping us all filled in. And you'll be so glad you have all of it documented when baby M is 2 and you can't remember a lot of that stuff!