Monday, November 22, 2010

14 weeks

I've struggled with doubt this week. I don't really feel like I'm growing that much (a bump at this point would be really nice!) and I worry constantly that Baby M is somehow no longer okay. I cannot wait to begin to feel little flutters from his or her movement for the comfort of knowing that things are progressing as they should.
(okay, after seeing my photo comparison, I am feeling a lot better. where did that belly come from?!)

I've become so accustomed to what little symptoms I have that there are times where I can completely forget that I have a baby inside me. It's so surreal! I continue to pray for a healthy, strong baby and I have to put my trust in God that He is taking good care of both of us.
How far along: 14 weeks

Size of baby: about the size of a lemon, 3.5 inches and 1.5 oz.

Total weight gain/loss: +2 lbs. (we'll see how much more that changes after a week of Thanksgiving meals!)

Maternity clothes: still making use of my Bella bands on all pants but some work skirts and dresses still fit okay. I plan on buying some jeans this week so I'm more comfortable.

Gender: still waiting! I am very torn now. I was feeling boy all the way, but now it could be a girl. We'll find out in a few weeks!

Movement: nothing I can feel yet.

Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well, minus a nightly potty break that varies from a 2 am wakeup to a 6 am wakeup, which really is a bummer because my alarm goes off 30 minutes later. I feel less tired than I did a few weeks ago, but I still get pretty exhausted and take advantage of naps all weekend.

What I miss: still my vino.

Cravings: still mostly salty foods.

Symptoms: I think I've been getting a small bit of heartburn at night - I've never really had it, so I am not sure if this is what I'm feeling. I also feel like I have a bad taste in my mouth and wish I could brush my tongue but it makes me gag. I've always felt that the hair on my tummy is a little dark, but lately I feel like it's even darker and more noticeable. Not very attractive, to say the least!

Best moment this week: going to Vero Beach to share the news with Ryan's aunt, uncle and grandma. They were all so excited and so, so sweet about it! Aunt Barb is thinking it's a girl - we should start a pool since everyone is convinced about it one way or the other.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I meant to tell you that I had thought of another preggie symptom-- a metallic taste in my mouth that I couldn't get rid of. My Dr. said it's from the prenatal vitamins and not to worry.

Sara said...

Congratulations! I just found your blog- you are so adorable! I can't wait to read more of your journey.