Monday, November 29, 2010

15 weeks

I have so, so much to be grateful for this holiday season and Baby M is one of those many blessings. I'm still amazed at this process (I'm sure I will be the entire pregnancy) and that there is a tiny life growing inside me. God is truly awesome and I am so thankful for this gift He has given me.
How far along: 15 weeks

Size of baby: a navel orange, about 4 inches and 2.5 oz.

Total weight gain/loss: +3 lbs. (not too bad considering how much I ate over the past week!)

Maternity clothes: let's just say maternity jeans are amazing - so comfy and just in time for the eating season!

Gender: anxiously awaiting! We tried the "ring test" while we were in Hilton Head for Thanksgiving, but it was pretty inconclusive. It basically went back and forth in a circular motion, so it could be either one!
Movement: nothing I can feel yet but I pause every once in a while thinking it might be there. I can't wait to feel that fluttering!

Sleep: thankfully, still doing okay and taking advantage with lots of naps on the weekend.

What I miss: aside from the wine, I'm really doing okay.

Cravings: still mostly salty foods and now milk - I think because I've been getting heartburn so my body must be wanting it to calm things down??

Symptoms: I've been hit with round ligament pains this week and they hurt with every cough, sneeze and sometimes just on their own. It's so painful that I have to curl into a little ball to clear my throat. Ouch! Otherwise, I think I'm feeling pretty good and still feel very lucky.

Best moment this week: celebrating Thanksgiving with our families in Orlando and Hilton Head.

4 comments:

Sjn said...

spending time with you was my best moment too! xoxox

Kelly said...

Such a cute picture!! Wait till that navel orange becomes a watermelon ;) LOVE you xoxo

Stefanie said...

I drank SOOOOOO much milk when I was pregnant. Seriously a gallon every other day. I don't know why I craved it so badly!

Glad you are feeling well!

the monkeys' mama said...

you are CUTE!