Monday, November 22, 2010

Sharing the news in Atlanta

After practically busting at the seams each time I spoke to any of my friends in Atlanta, we finally got to go up and share the news in person. My mom and sisters were supposed to come down for a girls' weekend in Orlando but the plans never came through so Ryan and I decided to head north instead. It turns out one of my best friends was throwing a party that same weekend so the stars aligned and it worked out perfectly to have everyone together.
On our first night, we had a great time hanging out with family and celebrating Carter's 8th month with a bit of silliness.
It's so fun to watch Ryan with his nephew and I just can't wait for him to be a daddy. He is going to do such a great job!Kelly and Lincoln were amazing hosts as always and we had a great family meal at their house with the whole gang.Kelly and I took C to the neighborhood playground while Ryan wore the dogs out on the tennis court. He even went down the slide and showed off his crawling skills in the tunnel!
Meanwhile, Jax chased her cousins Westin and Tessa around the courts while gracious Ryan threw the ball for Wessie.
What a pretty pup!
It was a chilly day and we had to bundle up.On Saturday, we had a yummy Mexican lunch (that seems to be what I crave most these days) and Carter got to experience lemons and limes for the first time. His face was priceless!
We had some time just hanging out while we waited to go to the party - a Low Country Boil at Stef and Kent's.
C just loves his Uncle Ryan!
All of my sorority best buds gathered at the party and we had a great time catching up and visiting with each other. Allison even came down from Michigan, which was so surprising and fun, and I got to meet Nikki's new baby girl, Katie Beth. We missed Jeremy and Brian, but it was great to have everyone else together.I love these girls so much and I am so thankful that I can look to them for encouragement and support, not to mention tons of great advice for those who are already moms.
As always, our trip to Atlanta was too short and over too soon. But I loved being able to share the news about Baby M in person with so many dear friends and it was heartwarming to see the excitement and enthusiasm in each of them as they heard what was to come.

1 comment:

the monkeys' mama said...

awww i wish i could have seen you! you look GREAT!