Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Big 3-0

I am in denial that I just turned 30. With a new baby and recovering from major surgery, it was kind of a non-event to me and something I was happy to overlook.



But Ryan, as sweet and loving as he is, wouldn't let it pass without some kind of celebration. He and my mom (who was thankfully still in town at the time) did an amazing job pampering me for the day and helped make the day special.

My mom took Nathan and me to Briar Patch in Winter Park for our first outing from the house. Lunch was delicious and it felt so good to be out of the house for a couple hours between feedings! I was so grateful for my mom's company and to have a quiet meal with just her.

Ryan made it home from work early with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and he and my mom got to work on a gourmet meal of surf (crab cakes) and turf (beef tenderloin). Yum! My mom even baked a beautiful chocolate cake with homemade whipped cream that was the perfect end to our meal.Yes, they really did put 30 whole candles on that cake for me to blow out!

We invited the Bridges over for a low-key evening (I just wasn't ready for a big group or party) and I am so thankful for the time with friends and family to commemorate the day. Here's to 30 being the best year yet!

2 comments:

Sjn said...

I'm sure it will certainly be the most memorable! Even though you gave birth to Nathan when you were just 29 years young, 30 is the year to remember. Wishing you and the family the best year yet! xoxo

Lauren said...

Kris, I think I saw your mom in the airport on Monday afternoon! Too funny.

It looks like you have a beautiful family to be very proud of! Enjoy it!

LSnell