Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Coming Home

After spending almost four full days in the hospital, we were ready to take Nathan home and get settled in. I had run a fever after the surgery (not sure why, even after xrays and countless rounds of antibiotics in my IV) so they wanted to keep me for 24 hours after it finally went down and by Wednesday I got the green light.
Nathan got the all-clear from his doctors, too, and after a quick wardrobe change, we were ready to go.

We stopped by the nurses' station to get Nathan's "lojack" removed from his ankle and to thank everyone for their help and care. We loaded up the car and took one more family portrait at the hospital before heading home.


Nathan was very snug in his carseat and slept the whole way home. It killed me to sit in the front seat and not be able to stare at him during the ride! We made it home safely and are ready to start our life as a family of three!

I think Nathan is pretty excited!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

He looks so sunggly in his car seat! I'm sure he was dreaming of his new nursery ;)

The Nealons said...

You are going to treasure the family picture (trees in the background) forever and ever. All of these are wonderful, but that one is my favorite. :)