Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Airplane Ride

Nathan got to experience his first plane ride when we headed up to Atlanta for a quick weekend trip to celebrate another wedding. The last of the Harveys, our good family friends, tied the knot and we wanted to be there for it but were sick of all the driving so we booked our tickets and took another adventure with the bubs!
He did an amazing job, sleeping through takeoff on the way there...
And nursing for the landing. We navigated the trams at the Atlanta airport and he LOVED sitting in the Bjorn facing out so he could see everything!On the way home, bad weather in Orlando forced us to be re-routed to West Palm Beach. Even with the diversion and the extra time on the plane (almost 6 hours total!!), Nathan was perfect and only had one minor meltdown.I guess you would have, too, if you had to get your diaper changed on a tray table. Oops! But despite the short moment of angst, he fell right back to sleep and did a great job when we were finally able to fly back into Orlando.


Overall, I was so impressed and relieved that the trip went so well. I'm not sure I could have flown by myself because Ryan and I made a great team, but we'll see if I can brave that adventure sometime in the future.

1 comment:

Sjn said...

yes, you'll have to come again, maybe by yourself. We have everything you need here, you just have to bring the baby!