Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sleep Update

I'm not sure what I did or how it happened, but Nathan slept over 9 consecutive hours last night! Angels sang and trumpets sounded as I woke up this morning with more sleep than I've gotten in at least 4 months!

Amazingly, he had his last feeding of the night at 6:30 pm and then went almost 11 1/2 hours before eating again at 6 am. He made a peep at 5 am and I woke with a start, realizing how long it had already been. But I waited to see what happened and we both must have fallen back asleep because the next time I heard him through the monitor I looked at the clock and it was 6!

He has actually been getting better in the past week about sleeping 6, 7 even 8 hours a night - or at least going that long between feedings. But last night was a huge step and hopefully not just a fluke!

Of course, he makes up for it by still wanting to eat every 2 1/2 hours throughout the day and only taking 30-50 minute cat naps. Each day is a new schedule and throws me through a loop on timing but I guess I'll take what I can get for now!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Way to go baby bubs!!! This is right around the time when I thought C was going to be sleeping through the night. His ended up being a fluke until a few months later but here's hoping N is serious!!!