Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Naptime is Funny?

I had to post this memory from today to remember how sweet my boy is...

After playing on his floor mat for a while, Nathan made it clear that he needed a nap with relentless fussing. I cradled him, popped his pacifier in his mouth and started to rock him while I turned on his sound machine. Our typical routine.

With each sway, I dipped my knees a bit (you know, to burn extra calories. ha!). Well, apparently this became quite funny and I saw my monkey smiling behind his "suckie". I kept it up and added a "whoa" with each dip and he started giggling. We went back and forth, up and down, giggling together as we went.

I'm sure if I tried to recreate this tomorrow it wouldn't work. In fact, each time I make Nathan laugh I go back to what I did and try it again but to no avail. He is unpredictable but I'll keep trying whatever it takes because his gummy grins and sweet giggles melt my heart. I love this little guy!

3 comments:

Sjn said...

how sweet! I bet that took awhile before he fell asleep but he fell asleep happy!
I was playing w/ C yesterday, he was throwing the ball from his crib to me, I started laughing and he threw his head back and laughed out loud, we were both laughing being silly.
Their little smiles and laughs are precious!

Kelly said...

Love those little laughs! They make you work hard for them in the beginning but it's so worth it!

The Nealons said...

love it!