Thursday, August 25, 2011

What I'm Loving Right Now

Every day brings new challenges and unpredictable adventures but I'm loving being a mom, and a stay-at-home mom at that! It's hard to think back to life before baby. I'm just trying to soak it all up as each day passes because I know Nathan won't be a baby for long!
In particular, the things I am loving the most lately are...

Nathan's nakie little body and how it still has a bit of "monkey fuzz" on it. He was born with quite a bit of hair all over his body and it's slowly been falling out but he still has this soft down on his back and ears and it's so funny to me!

His tight grip and how, lately, when I hold him, he wraps his little arm around mine and almost pinches my skin to hold on. It's so endearing and makes me feel so needed.

His crazy hairline. He's going bald on the sides and around the back from rubbing his head but the top is still pretty full. On top of that, it's turning blonde. I am so curious to see how it turns out! In the meantime, I can't stop myself from rubbing his head and feeling his soft locks.

Saying our prayers at night. He's not always into reading a book before bed but without fail, softly praying seems to lull Nathan to sleep and it's a habit I am happy to start early. I especially love eavesdropping on the nights that Ryan puts Nathan to bed, to hear what is in his prayers. It's so sweet because I know Ryan isn't the most comfortable doing it but he's trying.


The interaction between Jax and Nathan. He is just now starting to notice this furry creature in the house and will stare and smile at her. Jax is very sweet with him, limiting her interactions to sniffing and brief kisses on his feet. She comes to me when he is crying, like a good big sister. I hope they are good friends when he is old enough to play with her!



Playtime in the mirror. Nathan's true laughter, the sweetest sound, comes from making faces at the funny people he sees on the other side of the mirror. He'll talk and coo and when we make faces and noises back at him, his grin widens and he lets out big belly laughs. It makes my heart melt and my cheeks hurt from smiling!

4 comments:

Sjn said...

I'm so glad I was there this past weekend to see him laughing in person. He is a happy little bub!

Stefanie said...

What fantastic family photos! Looks like everything is going great!

Kelly said...

I love the picture of your family of "four". That's a framer for sure! And nakkie baby bodies are the best!

The Nealons said...

I LOVE the family picture!!!