Monday, August 8, 2011

Three Months

Nathan, you are three months old!
We were very busy this month with lots of trips and lots of growing. Of your twelve weekends so far, six of them were spent away. You're quite the traveler! You are also starting to show your fun personality more and more and it's so cute!
While you've been losing your hair, some is coming back light brown and even blonde. I am so curious to see how it ends up! Your eyes have started to turn color, too. Some days they still look blue but others I can see more hazel popping through.
You've discovered your hands and despite my best efforts, I can't keep them out of your mouth. I think you may even be teething already because on top of chewing on your fingers, you've started drooling a bunch. I don't see any signs of teeth yet, but I feel like the first are not too far away. In the meantime, you have lots of fun blowing bubbles and attempting to fit your whole fist in your mouth.

You love to play on your activity mat and between each feeding we talk to your "friends" - you've found your voice and love to chat with all the critters that dangle in front of you. You say lots of "oohs" and "aahs" and have started adding "gahs" and other gurgly sounds to your vocabulary.

You are much more alert now, spending more awake time between feedings and exploring your world. The television has shown its allure and you love to stare at the pictures. I'm trying not to let you watch very much, though!

You've also started to notice your puppy and I can't wait for you and Jax to be able to play!

You are making attempts at rolling over and make it from your back to your side before rolling back again. You stand and put weight on your legs when we hold you up and you much prefer to sit upright in our arms now than be cradled.
In the past couple of weeks, I feel like I've hit my groove as your mom and feel so much more confident with your routine. You still eat, play and sleep throughout the day and you're great at running errands with me. We have lunch with friends throughout the week and you are (usually) an angel.

I can tell you are growing because you're bulking up and your clothes are starting to get tight in length. Time to go shopping! I thought we made a deal that you were going to stay little forever but you don't seem to be sticking to your end of the bargain.

I love you, buddy!


xoxo


Three Month Stats:

Weight - 13 pounds!


Diapers - size 2 (you could probably still fit in size 1 but we ran out)


Clothes - anything from 0-3 month, 3 month and 3-6 month, depending on the brand

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Three Months Old!! WOW! Love you little man :)

Sjn said...

I love seeing him smile! Such a happy bub. Face time today was great, we have to do that more often!
xoxo

KariBeth and Josh Gentry said...

aww he is so cute!!