Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Choosing a tux

We went to the tux store on Sunday to check them out and decide what R and the boys are wearing. I guess I was expecting it to be a bit more like when girls try on bridesmaid dresses because I thought he would try different combos on so we could pick the best vest/tie colors. Not the case. They basically had a few mannequins wearing sample tuxes (in sizes too small) and a wall of vests in all sorts of colors to choose from. All we had to do was pick the tux and pick the color. Good thing I brought by binder with me with all the swatches in it! We tentatively picked this combo out but I am still not 100% sold...


Right now we are thinking black tux (2-button, notched-collar) with white vest and tie for the groom





The same black tux but with a brown vest and tie for the boys



And the same black tux with green vest and tie for the dads.





That way all of our colors are covered and no one is too matchy-matchy.



BTW-the colors from the website are off, so don't let this be your only judge of how it would look.

1 comment:

James, Nikki & Liam Adair said...

Yay! I am the first person to comment on your blog! I love the tuxes...like you said, not too matchy-matchy.

Where in Hilton Head will the wedding/reception be again? I can't wait...we'll be heading there in a couple of weeks for the annual Neuhart family vacation.

Miss you!
Nikki