Friday, June 20, 2008

No crash diet necessary!

Last night I had the extreme excitement of going to pick up my dress! I had a good friend come with me to ooh and aah (and shoot some photos) while I tried it on--she did a great job making me feel beautiful. The dress had been in the shop for a trunk show, so they didn't normally carry it for me to go in and see it while I was waiting for the real one to be made. It was so fun to try it on and see my actual dress...it was pretty surreal that this is what I am going to wear on my wedding day.

I "borrowed" it from the shop for the weekend so I could take it to Hilton Head and try it on for my mom. I say borrowed because I definitely plan on taking it back when we get home on Sunday so it won't be in the house...R has already been asking about it and I don't want him to sneak a peek when I'm not at home one day.

The good news is that it fits perfectly, just like the sample did, and I will just need to have it hemmed (and maybe a little added padding sewn in up top for some extra oomph). I'm what the seamstress calls a "cheap date". I am just so relieved that I won't have to go on some major diet or workout kick to fit in it!

Sorry, but no pics of this one...it will just have to be a surprise on the wedding day!

2 comments:

The Nealons said...

so thrilled for you! I'm sure it will be absolutely perfect! Can't wait to see it!!!

James, Nikki & Liam Adair said...

love, love, love the green palette for all of the flowers! And i can't wait to see the dress...you are going to be such a beautiful bride!

:)