Monday, January 17, 2011

22 weeks

We traveled to Vero Beach this weekend to help celebrate Ryan's Grandma's 90th birthday. The house was filled with little ones, and it gave us a glimpse of what life will soon be like when Baby M makes his arrival. While it was a little overwhelming, I think we can handle it!
Being ready, on the other hand, is another story. I continue to feel unprepared and the urge to nest so we can get our house in order for Baby M. Slowly we've begun decluttering the office and rearranging things so we can make the office into a nursery. The furniture doesn't arrive until mid-March, so I know there is time but I still want to make progress while we wait.
How far along: 22 weeks

Size of baby: a spaghetti squash or papaya, about 11 inches and almost 1 lb.

Total weight gain/loss: +10 lbs. (making up for lost time in the last two weeks)

Maternity clothes: yes, please! They are just so much more comfortable these days.

Gender: a boy!

Movement: suddenly all of those little pops and flutters I thought might be baby have me convinced I've been feeling him! I've been able to feel a lot more this week, and I am trying to see if there is any pattern. Ryan also got to feel him, which was amazing and he totally lit up! I am so happy I can finally share more of this experience with him.

Sleep: some nights are better than others but I am just thankful I am getting any sleep at all.

What I miss: sleeping on my back! My doctor told me I could stay on my back until about 20 weeks, so I've been trying to stay on my sides throughout the night, but I definitely don't love it.

Cravings: nothing too strong lately.

Symptoms: my allergies seem to be heightened around particular triggers because I've had a few sneezing/congestion attacks lately. I've also had backpain set in, which I'm sure is part baby and part scoliosis. Sitting for too long seems to trigger that.

Best moment this week: seeing Ryan's face when he felt Nathan move. It was adorable and so sweet - he is going to be such a great dad!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You are still so tiny! I had to look back at my belly photos to compare. Hopefully that means you won't have to give birth to a mini monster like me ;)

Sjn said...

You will both be great parents to Nathan!
I'm looking into coming in February to work on his room. xoxox

Stefanie said...

You are still so tiny!!! (and looking beautiful of course!)