Sunday, January 2, 2011

Reflecting on 2010

Looking forward to all that 2011 holds, I don't want to forget all of the events that occurred in 2010. I saw so many comments on Facebook about "good riddance, 2010" but despite the challenges that faced my family, I still think 2010 was an overall great year and am thankful for all that God gave us - both good and bad.
While I could just go back and read all my blog posts, here is a recap of what comes to mind...
  • In January, we celebrated my sister and the anticipation of my nephew with a beautiful shower in Atlanta. I also stopped taking birth control in hopes of starting our own family soon.
  • In February, I got to attend a very fun wine tasting party, thrown by good friends and I'll never forget the face Ryan made when trying his very first latte for Valentine's dessert. Priceless!
  • In March, we made what seemed like the longest drive ever up to Atlanta after a call that our nephew was on his way. I cried when family called to share the news that he arrived and I have loved every moment spent with him since!
  • In the spring, there were weddings, birthdays, bbqs, and a dramatic bird rescue in the backyard.
  • Early summer brought three amazing trips - one to Newport with extended family for my cousin's wedding, another to Hilton Head for Ryan's big 3-0 birthday, and one with my best girlfriends for our annual beach weekend. I am one lucky girl to get to travel and take vacation so much!
  • Early summer also brought a lot of frustration, as we continued to wait for a positive test to tell us we were expecting. Just as I had begun giving up, I finally saw those sweet, sweet words..."Pregnant"!
  • The fall brought more traveling, with another trip to Hilton Head to announce our big news to my family and a visit to Atlanta to tell my friends. It was also the start of NBA basketball and we got to experience the new Amway Center with our season tickets. It's overwhelming!
  • I loved spending the holidays with family this year (and every year), with one more trip to Hilton Head for Thanksgiving (gosh, we went there a lot this year!) and Atlanta and Mobile for Christmas. We also hosted a Christmas dinner party with friends, which was a lot of fun.

Overall, a really good year and lots of great memories to store and reflect on as time continues to pass too quickly. Thanks be to God for all of the experiences and events that took place!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

It really was an amazing year! I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us though. It is going to be a time you will never forget! Enjoy every single moment and make sure to write everything down ;)