Monday, January 24, 2011

23 weeks

Someone asked me last week if I "loved being pregnant." To be honest, I hadn't thought of it that way. I absolutely love things about being pregnant - the wonder of knowing God is growing a tiny life inside of me, feeling Baby M kick, not having to worry about counting calories (haha), the idea of what this will lead to - but I hadn't really looked at it overall. I guess I do love it. I certainly wouldn't want it any other way!
I think I'll love being a mom even more, though. There are some days it still feels unreal to me so I look forward to the day I can finally have a chance to hold that little baby and see his face. I don't mind waiting, don't get me wrong - there is still much to do to prepare! In the meantime, I am going to treasure this pregnancy even more than I do already and try my best to love everything about it.
How far along: 23 weeks

Size of baby: a large mango, 11+ inches and just over 1 lb.

Total weight gain/loss: +11 lbs. (the bump is definitely growing! I actually feel bigger than the picture shows.)

Maternity clothes: pants for sure but still a mix of tops.

Gender: a boy!

Movement: I've definitely been feeling him more! It's so exciting and such a comfort after so many weeks of minimal symptoms.

Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well, thanks to my Snoogle and being pretty exhausted by the time we go to bed each night.

What I miss: my pre-pregnancy clothes. It gets harder and harder to get dressed each morning as my wardrobe becomes more limited.

Cravings: my sweet tooth is back but I surprisingly can turn down ice cream most nights and would prefer cookies or cake (not that I always have it, but it sounds more appealing to me).

Symptoms: the back pain continues. I think Baby M has settled on my right side, so that sciatic nerve is feeling it and causing some uncomfortable tightness in my upper leg and lower back. I keep trying to sleep on my left side so he'll slide down.

Best moment this week: getting to sneak a listen at Baby M's heartbeat. Our friends had us over for dinner and happen to have a Doppler so after we ate they graciously let me try it out. I never get enough of that sound!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats, you look great! You've got to tell us, what did the chinese gender prediction table say that you would have?

Kelly said...

I miss being pregnant- I loved my belly! You are looking amazing sister. Beautiful!!

Sjn said...

I want to see you and your bump in person! Miss you! xoxo