Thursday, January 6, 2011

Project Nursery

I've had a nursery color scheme in mind for a while now, and now that we know that Baby M is a boy I am ready to start solidifying things. I love the look of navy, gray and yellow and think it's the perfect, unexpected preppy combo for our little one. Now, to find the fabrics that actually work!
This Graham nursery from Serena and Lily is close (I'd remove the nautical reference)...
And I was so excited when the mail came today and delivered these fabric swatches!
The stripe is a bit more purple than gray, so I think it's out but the others are super cute and have potential.
Now I just have to find some navy to go with all the gray and yellow. Baby M's Hattie has generously offered to sew all of his bedding, and I can't wait to see the creations she comes up with using these as inspiration!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I love all the fabric. Can't wait to see what Hattie creates =)

Sjn said...

with all those great yellows and grays, maybe we don't need the navy. You could save it for his big boy room. Just a thought.

Jamie said...

I LOVE the fabric you have chosen! I am also expecting a boy and wondering where you got all the fabric swatches from. I am trying to do the same colors and would love to use similar ones!

The Newly Mrs. said...

The fabrics are all from fabric.com. I just did a search for the color combos I wanted and then each individual color, and bought swatches of the ones I liked. Congrats on your little one!

Jess said...

my friend Allison (skirt-allison!) worked for Serena and Lilly. love their stuff (for both baby AND adult!)