Tuesday, February 8, 2011

25 weeks

It's been a busy week and I've been without a computer for a few days (mine bit the dust over the weekend and I have yet to set up the new one we got for me) so I'm a little behind. Things are coming along in the world of baby and I get more and more excited with each passing day that we'll get to meet Nathan before we know it. Only "15 weeks" left sounds so short, but "May" sounds far away and I am happy for the time because there is still much to do.
How far along: 25 weeks

Size of baby: a rutabaga (whatever that looks like), about 13.5 in. and about 1.5 lb.

Total weight gain/loss: +14 lbs. (a Super Bowl party and new cravings for sweets hasn't helped! The scale is getting closer and closer to scary numbers, but I guess I should be thankful that Baby M and I are growing and healthy!)

Maternity clothes: pants for sure but still a mix of tops. I am wearing a dress today and think those may be the way to go soon - it's more comfy not to have any bands around my belly.

Gender: a boy!

Movement: I've started noticing a slight pattern to Nathan's kicks and look forward to 10:30 each morning, when I know for sure he's moving around. I am so curious to see how his habits in the womb translate when he's born!

Sleep: Oh how I love sleep! I toss and turn more each night but I am still getting a pretty good night's rest and am so thankful!

What I miss: sleeping on my back, bending over without straining, being able to sit all day without back pain. On the flip slide, what I love is how strong my nails are (Grammy would be so impressed) and how full my hair seems. I know it will fall out when Baby M comes (I have some major baby bangs going on!) but I'm enjoying it for now.

Cravings: sweets! I'm back to my old self and wanting something sweet to finish my meals.

Symptoms: the usual, nothing new or exciting.

Best moment this week: as silly as it sounds, moving furniture! We had friends over for dinner on Friday and got some help moving the desks out of the office. We're still rearranging the house and organizing the new layout, but it feels so nice to see progress. Pictures to come...

2 comments:

Sjn said...

I'm getting ready too... his crib is ready and waiting for your first visit!

KariBeth and Josh Gentry said...

You look great!!! Those 14 pounds are all baby!!