Monday, February 28, 2011

28 weeks

It's been another busy week and I still can't believe I've started my third trimester. Time is flying by and I know it's only going to continue as we get closer to Baby M's impending arrival. I'm still feeling good and so in awe of God's miracle at work inside of me. Somedays I still can't believe it's real!
How far along: 28 weeks

Size of baby: a Chinese cabage, about 14.8 in. and about 2.25 lb.

Total weight gain/loss: +16-17 lbs. (it fluctuates a bit from day to day)

Maternity clothes: still a mix, same-old same-old

Gender: a boy!

Movement: I've been feeling some Braxton Hicks recently and sometimes it seems I feel those more than I feel Nathan himself. He's still moving around but I've been so busy this week that I haven't noticed him as much. We have a doctor appointment tomorrow morning and I am so anxious to make sure everything is okay.

Sleep: some nights are better than others. I find myself on my back from time to time and while I try to turn over to one side, it is so much more comfortable just to relish the familiar comfort of being on my back for a bit. Sometimes my hips hurt after being on one side for too long so I toss and turn to get comfy throughout the night.

What I miss: nothing in particular this week.

Cravings: sweets are starting to take over my salty cravings - doesn't my body know I have my glucose test in the morning?! All that sugar can't be good for that...

Symptoms: still back pain that comes after sitting for too long and the new Braxton Hicks contractions.

Worst moment this week: (I added this for this week) making the decision to stop playing tennis competitively. I had a match Thursday night and, after losing badly, I was so embarrassed and humbled by my ever-growing belly and new center of gravity slowing me down. Balls pass me that I know I could normally run to and I just stand there and watch them go by. I cried half of the car ride home realizing I just couldn't push myself anymore. I'm sure I'll be back to playing once Nathan arrives, but for now it's tough to swallow.

Best moment this week: to counter my bad moment of the week, I had a lot of great moments. We went on a date night with three other couples on Friday and it was like we were all back in high school after a casual Italian meal clear across town and then gelatis at Jeremiahs on the way home. It was such a fun, low key night! In other news, we got our nursery furniture on Saturday and it's in the room!! I can't wait for the rest of the nursery to come together now. Oh, and I finally sat in the new chair - it's super comfy and I am really pleased with it since we didn't get to see it in person before ordering it online. Another fun moment was sitting in the new chair watching Ryan put together some of our new "toys" - the high chair and stroller. He did a great job and it makes me so excited to see him with Nathan because I know he is going to be such a good dad.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You look adorable! Can't wait to see you in FOUR days!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeee!

Grad Girl said...

Oh my gosh! You are so pregnant! You look fabulous! I can't wait to see you in person. This weekend is going to be so much fun :-)

Stefanie said...

Nursery photos please!!!!!!