Tuesday, February 15, 2011

26 weeks

The idea that I am growing a baby inside me is still so unreal and amazing to me. God truly works miracles when He creates a new life and I am so blessed to be able to go through this process. When so many others are struggling, I cannot help but think how lucky I am that He chose me and Ryan to be parents.
We've passed the 100-day countdown mark (I totally missed it) and are now in double digits. Amazing! I am so looking forward to the next few weeks as we continue to get closer to Nathan's arrival.
How far along: 26 weeks

Size of baby: an English hothouse cucumber, about 14 in. and about 1.67 lb. (I can't get over how long and skinny he still is!)

Total weight gain/loss: +16 lbs.

Maternity clothes: a mix of all sorts of things.

Gender: a boy!

Movement: I am loving all the kicking and flutters! They are still not that strong, so I'm sure I'll change my tune when he's jabbing me in the ribs, but I am so thankful to feel Nathan throughout the day.

Sleep: God has really been watching over me and allowing me to get plenty of z's. I am so grateful!

What I miss: the usual - wine, sleeping on my back, etc.

Cravings: we've been eating a lot of Mexican and Italian lately and I can't get enough! I am also really into chocolate.

Symptoms: back pain, round ligament pains, perhaps the start of leg cramps (but I wise up and flex my feet before they can get me). Really, though, in the grand scheme of things, I am feeling great and so incredibly lucky!

Best moment this week: we took a babymoon to Sarasota for the weekend and it was lovely! We stayed at the Ritz and after getting a light lunch at the hotel, we enjoyed a very relaxing couples' massage at the spa. I couldn't really indulge in the "healing waters" they offered in the locker room but the treatment itself was heavenly and just what I needed. We spent the evening walking around St. Armands Circle before grabbing dinner (Italian of course) and then going back to the hotel to relax. We ended up renting "Life as We Know It" and snuggled in bed to watch it. I'll admit, there were several parts of the movie where I couldn't contain my tears - partly for the emotion of the film and partly for the pure fear it instilled in me for having a baby! Probably not the reaction the producers would have expected, but it definitely freaked me out none the less. Ryan is such a comfort when I have these mini-panic attacks and definitely reassures me that we, and me, will be just fine. I am so grateful for his support and love!

1 comment:

Sjn said...

We watched that movie Saturday night too. I didn't cry, but it was a bitter sweet movie.
What I miss: you! I've not seen that baby bump grow except for your posts here. I'll be so happy to see you in a few weeks. I've been quite distracted with house renovations, it will be a welcome change to focus on you and baby Nathan! xoxo