Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Starting Solids

We got the all-clear to start Nathan on solids at his 4 month well visit but with so much going on I wanted to wait a bit before taking the plunge. I also didn't feel like he was showing the signs that he was ready but in the last couple of weeks he's been more interested when we eat and started to seem like he wanted more than just breast milk.

So on Saturday morning, I whipped up a nice little batch of steamed, pureed sweet potatoes in the Beaba Babycook and we gave it a shot!

This was the first time he sat in his high chair, too. Maybe we should have tried that out a few times first so he felt more comfortable...

"Hmmm...what is this orange stuff you're putting in my face?"

"I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with this..."

"I guess I'll give it another try."

"Nah, I don't really want it!"

I think more wound up on his bib, face and hands than actually went in his mouth but it was a good first attempt. He didn't love it but he didn't seem to hate it, either. He was more just confused and uncertain - most bites were slowly pushed out in a pool of drool. None the less we're ready to keep trying!

No comments: