Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Tribute to The Yards

It was named "The Yards" before I ever entered the picture. A nickname the boys coined after Camden Yards, the baseball stadium in Baltimore, since the house was on Baltimore Drive. It stuck and our home was fondly referred to as The Yards the whole time we lived there.

It was a good house. The source of countless memories over the years and the start of our life together. Not necessarily what I would have picked had I been given the choice but it grew on me and I worked hard over the three and a half years I was there to make it "ours".

As we drove away from collecting the random items that didn't make it onto the moving truck, I teared up thinking of all that happened in that house. We shared our first kiss there. We were engaged and then married while living there. We brought our dear puppy, Jax, home there. And of course, we brought our sweet baby boy home there.

All the parties and puppy play dates and family dinners will be remembered dearly in my heart. The Yards was a good place to call home and I have to admit it will be missed.






 








No comments: