Tuesday, April 12, 2011

34 weeks

I had a minor hormonal anxiety attack this morning and laid in bed, crying on the phone to Ryan (who had to work in Tampa this morning), doing an official kick count because I was worried I hadn't been feeling Nathan enough in the past couple of days.
I think the countdown is really in my head now and I am starting to worry over every little thing. Surprisingly, I have been really laid back this whole pregnancy so this is a big change for me.

Needless to say, Baby M kicked plenty and continued throughout the day so I didn't end up going to the hospital as was the protocol direction when I called the doctor's office with my concern. I am praying that God will relieve some of these nerves and anxiety and in the meantime, I am putting my trust in Him that all is well.How far along: 34 weeks


Size of baby: a cantaloupe, almost 18 in. and about 4.75 lb.

Total weight gain/loss: +26 lbs (yikes - can I blame some of that on water weight and swelling, please?!)

Maternity clothes: yep, pretty much everything I wear now. Thankfully, Lindsay lent me a bunch of tops now that she has had baby Parker, so my choices have expanded quite a bit.

Gender: a boy!


Movement: despite my little freak out, he is actually moving quite a bit. I'm also feeling a more rhythmic pattern every now and then, which I'm thinking is the hiccups?


Sleep: I seem to hit a wall each afternoon and get really tired so the exhaustion is starting to set in again. At night, my hips don't lie - they hurt! But I'm still sleeping pretty well and thankful for any zzz's I can get. Only 6 more weeks to enjoy them!

What I miss: Spring! Suddenly, it's gone into full summer heat mode down here and I can't stand it. It's not really pregnancy-related but relevant to the time. Thank goodness Nathan is scheduled to arrive before summer really hits!

Cravings: still love my sweets!

Symptoms: my feet tend to swell by the afternoon and are those really kankles? Ahh!

Best moment this week: Ryan and I went on a sweet date night on Saturday night and it was so nice to have a great meal and talk. I know those moments are quickly slipping away, so I was glad to have the opportunity to be just the two of us before baby comes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are still so tiny! Hang in there....he will be here soon!

Kelly said...

Don't freak out! Sometimes he is sleeping ;)

The Nealons said...

Hey. I know this was a while ago, but his breech presentation actually explains a lot of the lack of movement. Connor was not a big kicker at all. I didn't know any different, so I thought he was just calm and normal. Turns out he was wearing his feet like earrings (what the nurses said when they pulled him out of my belly). I think it would be pretty tough to kick like that with such limited space to move, too! Know that your feelings are justified...always. Love you, friend.