Monday, April 4, 2011

33 weeks

It's starting. The achiness, feeling huge and overall discomfort has begun. I had a rough day at work, where sitting was literally a pain in the bum and Nathan was so wedged up in my ribs that I felt short of breath all day. I am hoping this was just a bad day and tomorrow will be better.
In the meantime, the clock is ticking in my head, both at home and at the office, and I am starting to panic a little that the little munchkin will be here in only 7 weeks! I am in full nesting-mode and trying my best to get ready with each spurt of energy I can garner.

(I took this photo with my hair up to see if my face has gotten any fatter than earlier in the pregnancy. I am afraid it has, along with my arms. Bummer.)


How far along: 33 weeks


Size of baby: a pineapple, about 17 in. and about 4 lb.


Total weight gain/loss: +24 lbs (according to my scale - we'll see what the doctor says next week)


Maternity clothes: I got a new bra (thank goodness) and a couple more items to last me through the end (I hope!). I hate spending money on these things because I feel like it's so over-priced and I won't get much use out of them after the baby is here.


Gender: a boy!


Movement: Nathan was rolling around while I was sitting on the couch so I lifted my shirt and could see little ripples and waves across my belly. It actually made me tear up a bit at the awesomeness of this little life growing inside of me!


Sleep: it's getting tougher. My hips hurt after being on my side for too long and it's harder to stay comfortable throughout the night. I'm still able to sleep through with minimal restroom breaks, though, so I am thankful for that. Although, some nights I do have dreams about needing to go to the bathroom...weird!


What I miss: nothing in particular this week.


Cravings: still love my sweets!


Symptoms: the furnace turned on this week and I have been hot! It doesn't help that the weather is warming up, either. I also had a nose bleed yesterday after blowing it - that happened a bunch at the beginning of the pregnancy and I'm hoping it's not coming back! Thankfully, it stopped pretty soon and Ryan was right there to help with tissues. I'm feeling overall achy and sore, too, which I'm hoping will be erased with a good night's sleep.


Best moment this week: I got to see a lot of babies this week and it was so fun to visit with friends and hear about their experiences. We cooked dinner for Mike and Lindsay so we got to visit with tiny newborn Parker, then we went out to eat with friends and their almost-one year old and I had brunch with some girlfriends and got to meet six-month old baby Calvin. All these little ones make me so excited for Nathan to arrive. I can't wait to get to know him and his personality, and I especially can't wait to see what he looks like!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Ahh!! You're so cute!!

The Nealons said...

Your face and arms look fabulous...trust me. :) You really popped out a lot this week and look sooo super cute! Love you!