Saturday, April 23, 2011

A name for the nursery

As a gift to my sister before my nephew was born last year, I painted his name on canvases for his room. Well, with my own little one on the way, I had to do the same for our nursery!
What started as six plain square canvases slowly became 10x10 blocks of color... And then (even more slowly) became "Nathan"...


I wanted to use the nursery colors but since we didn't necessarily have a theme, I chose more graphic patterns instead of a scene like I did for Carter.

Now they're all hung and ready to welcome baby home. I love how it turned out and it really helps to make the nursery feel more complete. One more thing off the list!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Holy cow, that looks ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!! I know you just love it!

Ashley said...

I love this and I'm totally copying this idea! How did you get the dots so perfect though? Any hints/tips?