Monday, April 18, 2011

35 weeks

Mondays are tough for me. I don't know if it's because it's the first day back at work after the weekend or what, but the last few weeks have had rough Mondays. Today was especially busy - I had a new associate start at work and between meetings all day and trying to get him acquainted with his new office, I didn't sit down to check emails until 5 pm and I couldn't even get through them all before needing to head home to rest.


I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with the preparations for maternity leave. I don't typically write about work on my blog, but it's definitely something that is starting to overshadow my final weeks before Baby M arrives. I know he will come when God is ready but I just hope I am able to get everything wrapped up between now and then!
How far along: 35 weeks




Size of baby: a honeydew melon, more than 18 in. and about 5.25 lb.




Total weight gain/loss: +27 lbs (this gets more and more depressing but I have to think that my baby is growing and *hopefully* healthy so the weight gain is all worth it)




Maternity clothes: definitely growing tired of my lack of choices for work - especially since it's warming up and most of my "nicer" tops are for cooler weather so I end up sweating in the office! I find myself overheating in meetings only to find out after the fact from colleagues that no one else is hot. My internal furnace is keeping things toasty!




Gender: a boy!




Movement: I can tell it's getting tighter in there because Nathan doesn't have the exagerated waves of motion anymore but I do feel him kick quite a bit. He's pretty high still (the doctor even confirmed last week at my appointment) and I can feel him wedged up in my right ribs. She did think he had turned, though, which is great news.




Sleep: yes, please! I love my sleep and still slumber really hard each night.




What I miss: being more active (did I really just say that?!). I miss getting some kind of exercise but it's just so hard right now.




Cravings: there was a birthday celebration in the office today and it was the perfect combination of red velvet cake calls (homemade and amazing!) and Whole Foods cupcakes. No wonder my weight gain keeps ticking up and up!




Symptoms: swelling - both in my feet and fingers. By the time I got home from work today, my shoes were so tight and my feet looked like they had been stung by bees. I've also had nasty heartburn (had to buy more Tums this weekend) and backache, supporting all this extra weight.




Best moment this week: a visit from my mom! We started the long weekend with a quick zip down to Vero Beach to look at potential vacation homes for my parents. I admittedly was not looking forward to spending all day 8 months pregnant and walking around but I actually had a really good time and liked seeing all the different properties. Hopefully one will work out for them! The rest of the visit was spent shopping and running errands to get final supplies before baby comes and wrapping up some nursery projects. It was so nice to have my mom here for a few days and all that we accomplished made me feel so much more ready for Nathan to arrive. It's hard to believe the next time I see her he will be here!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Do you want me to send you my exercise ball to bounce on? xoox

Sjn said...

It was a great weekend! I love seeing you pregnant, and you're in terrific shape!
You need to find a more comfy pair of shoes for the next few weeks. They'll understand at work... pregnant gals are entitled to special exceptions for this precious time in your life.