Wednesday, March 30, 2011

32 weeks

I had a very uneventful 32 week appointment and everything is moving along just as it should. It's hard to believe we are in the homestretch! There are still days that I don't feel pregnant and I can't believe we only have about 8 weeks to go.


I am not even sure that having Nathan here will make it any more of a reality. We got to visit with the Bridges and their new little one last night and it still blows my mind that two weeks ago that baby was inside his mama, still baking. Pregnancy is such an awesome, amazing, mindblowing thing!How far along: 32 weeks


Size of baby: a large jicama (whatever that looks like), 16.7 in. and about 3.75 lb. Nathan is starting to gain about a half pound each week, so he's really bulking up!


Total weight gain/loss: +22 lbs on my scale, +25 lbs at the doctor. Boo! For the first time this whole pregnancy, I actually got "the talk" and was just told to be cautious. Not to change anything or freak out, but just know that I am the one that has to lose the weight after baby comes. I know, I know! Hopefully my pace slows down a bit in the next few weeks (but that would mean my sweet cravings would also need to stop!).


Maternity clothes: same - mix of maternity bottoms and dresses and regular tops. I broke down this weekend and bought the shorts. It's just getting too stinking hot down here already not to have something cooler than jeans to wear on weekends! I also desperately need to go bra shopping. I've held out as long as I could (even borrowing from a sister) but I am at the point where everything I have is too tight and it's so uncomfortable by the end of the day. Another shopping trip coming up!


Gender: a boy!


Movement: he has been really active this week! I am feeling Nathan more and more, and not just little flutters. Oh, no - those have long passed and now I'm getting full on jabs. The doctor thought he had flipped (thank goodness!) and that nice hard lump I'm feeling up in my ribs is his little bum. Some days he gets so far up in there that it hurts, but at least it's comforting to know he's moving around.


Sleep: Some nights are better than others. For the most part, I am so thankful I can still sleep a full night without too much discomfort. I just toss and turn a lot but still feel pretty good each morning!


What I miss: my more expansive wardrobe, including shoes. I feel like I rotate the same 5 things every week at work and it's getting pretty boring. I also miss mobility and not feeling like an 80 year old when I get up from sitting. I'm pretty sure I make a lot of noise (grunts and huffing/puffing) when I'm at home, moving about.


Cravings: sweets


Symptoms: nothing new


Best moment this week: my colleagues threw a shower for me at work and it was so sweet! They really did it up with all the food (and cake balls!) and gave such generous gifts. Ryan got to come for a bit and it was nice to celebrate Nathan again. We have been so, so blessed by the thoughtfulness and generosity of our friends and family throughout this process and I feel so lucky that Nathan will have such a great "village" to be raised in.


We also had a very pleasant weekend, running errands all day Saturday together and spending the final round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill on Sunday. At first I didn't think I could truck it around a golf course for 6+ hours in the 90-degree heat but I did and I am so happy I went! It was nice to be able to get some sun (although it did require SPF 70 because my skin is so much more sensitive now!) and be outside, walking around. It was probably good for my legs (which are still red), too, and we had fun with friends so it was a win-win all around!

2 comments:

Sjn said...

I'll be back there in 2 weeks to share a bit more of your pregnancy with you. We'll have fun!

Becky said...

Whoa, 32 weeks!

And don't even let them make you feel bad about gaining weight. I promise you, it will come off!