Tuesday, March 8, 2011

29 weeks

We're getting closer to the end! I know I'm growing and I can tell my belly is bigger but it doesn't really hit me until I see pictures. There's a baby in there!
I am so blessed to be able to share this time with family and friends and I am so thankful we got to celebrate with them this past weekend. More on that later as I gather photos from all the different camera-owners. In the meantime, here is my weeky update...
How far along: 29 weeks

Size of baby: a butternut squash, about 15 in. and about 2.5 lb.

Total weight gain/loss: +18

Maternity clothes: mostly maternity, although I still sprinkle a few "regular" tops in here and there

Gender: a boy!

Movement: Nathan is definitely moving in there! I still feel Braxton Hicks every now and then but I know it's just my body practicing for the real thing...which is still 11 weeks away, so stay put for now little guy!

Sleep: My hips have been hurting more each night after being on one side for too long. Thankfully I am so tired at night that I usually still get a good night's sleep. I'm still taking advantage of all the zzz's I can.

What I miss: being at home for the weekend with lots of celebrations definitely made me miss wine again. It also made me miss seeing my family and Atlanta friends more often!

Cravings: definitely sweets and chocolate in particular. Despite the sugar intake, I am very thankful that my test results came back and my glucose test was "normal"! Phew!

Symptoms: same as usual - back pain, Braxton Hicks, redness in my calves. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Best moment this week: so, so much! I went to say good bye for now to my tennis team and they gave me a very generous gift for Baby M. I will miss seeing them each week! Ryan and I also took a long weekend and went to Atlanta to celebrate our nephew Carter's first birthday (not to mention my sis, Kelly's, birthday, too!) and to be celebrated with a fabulous shower thrown by my sisters and mom. I'll recap in a separate post since it involves so many photos but it was by far a highlight of this pregnancy to be able to spend time with family and friends. I love them so much and am so grateful God surrounded me with such wonderful people!

2 comments:

Sjn said...

It was so good to see you this past weekend! I love your baby bump getting bigger each time we see you. You are glowing!

Kelly said...

Wish you could have stayed longer!!