Thursday, March 3, 2011

Updates from the Doctor

I had my 28-week appointment on Tuesday and it was a busy visit! Upon arrival, I had to drink the yummy glucose drink (at first I didn't think it was bad at all! What's all the fuss about? By the end of the bottle, I was feeling ill and had enough of that orange sugar drink!). Then, while we waited for the 4D ultrasound room to open up, we met with the doctor.
I always have a laundry list of questions that I gather the days before my appointment so I can be sure to ask everything on my mind. My biggest concern this time was some discoloring in my legs that I've noticed over the past few weeks. He seemed a bit worried about it (how comforting) and said I needed to keep my feet propped above my chest after work since there wasn't much I could do about it while in the office. While I am at work, I need to try to wiggle my toes a lot so I've made a Post-It reminder to help me do this while I'm sitting at the computer.
On top of that, he also said I need to drink more water (seriously?! I could drown I drink so much already) to keep the fluids pushing through my body. For the past two days I've tracked my intake and I am definitely hitting the one-gallon goal each day that he set (and then some!).
Once I'd gone through my list it was time to see Baby M and what he was up to! I had been so excited for this part of the appointment and thought surely the sugar coursing through my body would wake Nathan up and get him dancing for us. Not quite...
He seemed so cuddly and snuggled inside, with hands and feet (and even the umbilical cord) blocking his face for most of the time. We were in there a good 30 minutes and only ended up with a few decent shots.The good news is that he is looking healthy and I definitely caught a glimpse of his beating heart, which is always such a comfort. I can't tell who he looks like but as long as he is growing strong and on track I don't care!
We are scheduled to go back in next week to try again so hopefully the munchkin will cooperate better and show us his adorable little face a bit more. Then the following week I start my every-two-week appointments. We're getting closer and closer to the end!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

He looks so snuggly!