Tuesday, March 22, 2011

31 weeks

We're one step closer to being ready for Baby M now that the nursery is done! It was such a treat to have my parents in town for a long weekend and I'm glad they could come down to experience a bit of this pregnancy with me since we don't get to see each other near enough.
Some days it still feels so foreign that I am having a baby. Ryan remarked tonight that it's crazy to think we're married, we have good jobs, we own a house, we're 30 (well, he is) and we're about to start a family. That sounds so grown up! I am so excited to be on this journey with such a wonderful man and I am so curious to see how we evolve as parents.
How far along: 31 weeks

Size of baby: a squash or four navel oranges, 16+ in. and about 3.3 lb.

Total weight gain/loss: +20 lbs (no change from last week). Oh, and while I'm thinking about it - I still have an innie belly button. It's much more shallow, but still has some room to go. Hopefully it won't get to the point where it sticks out!

Maternity clothes: same - mostly maternity, although I still sprinkle a few "regular" tops in here and there. As it gets warmer, I am wondering what I am going to do for casual wear because jeans are pretty toasty but I really don't want to buy maternity shorts.

Gender: a boy!

Movement: some days are more active than others but I am definitely feeling waves of movement and jabs here and there.

Sleep: I'm back to getting up at least once a night, sometimes twice. I also wake up on my back pretty often and have to houff myself over to one side, which takes a lot of effort. Overall, though, I am still able to sleep a full night and am so thankful!

What I miss: same as last week - mobility and greater lung capacity. I even get winded after talking for long stretches at work! It's ridiculous.

Cravings: definitely sweets! I also had a hankering for Tijuana Flats tonight so Ryan indulged me and we went out to eat for some Mexican. Yum!

Symptoms: nothing new.

Best moment this week: did I mention we finished the nursery?! By far the best moment was taking a step back and soaking up the gorgeous new room for Nathan, thanks to the hard work of my parents and husband. I might just spend time rocking in the chair and staring at how beautiful it all is. Aside from all the work, it was also great to spend time with my mom and dad walking around Winter Park and grabbing a couple meals outside in the lovely weather.

2 comments:

Sjn said...

I'll be busy working on the bumpers and the curtains to complete the room... Of course it's not really complete without the baby!
We LOVED working on the room and getting it ready for Nathan! xoxo

Kelly said...

I love that top =)
Can't wait to see the room in person!