Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Carter and Kelly!

It's hard to believe that exactly a year ago, Ryan and I spent an all-too-quick weekend in Atlanta welcoming our nephew Carter into the world.
We got the call on a Thursday night - I was already dead asleep (so what if it was only 11 pm) and thought I might be dreaming when Kelly told me her water broke. I don't remember much of the conversation (again, sleeping) but I do know that the next morning may have been the first time in a long time that I didn't hit snooze when the alarm went off. We had to get up! We had to pack! It was time to go meet our nephew!
As I was getting ready for a few hours of work, I got the call. He was here! The whole time I spoke with Kel, I was beaming from ear to ear. I could hear murmurs of a baby cry in the background and I started crying myself. I was so proud of her and so joyful to be an aunt!
I still don't know how we managed to go into work for a few hours before hitting the road. It was probably the longest car ride to Atlanta we've ever taken (at least it felt like it), wanting to make it before the hospital visiting hours were over. Thankfully we made it and got to spend some time with Baby C and his new proud parents before settling into town.
It's been an incredible year and we've been fortunate as aunt and uncle to see Carter every couple of months to watch him grow. And now we're back in Atlanta celebrating his first year with us - what a big event!
So happy, happy birthday Carter Lewis Hamilton! We love you so much and are so thankful to have you in our family!Did I forget to mention that Carter made his debut on a very special day? It happens to be my beautiful sister Kelly's birthday, too! What a fun gift to have a baby on your own birthday!! We'll see if Nathan and I can repeat this phenomenon - he is due on my birthday! So crazy!I love you so much, Kel, and am so thankful to not only have you as a sister but as a best friend, too. Happy, happy birthday!!

2 comments:

Sjn said...

awhhh, I {heart} this post! xoxo

Kelly said...

This post made me teary! I meant to comment the other day. Thanks so much for coming this weekend and sharing in our birthdays. I love you sis!! xooxox