Monday, March 21, 2011

Project Nursery: Complete!

Well, the hard part is done at least!
My incredibly handy and talented parents came into town for a long weekend to be weekend warriors and help us make my vision for Nathan's nursery a reality. It took some long days and lots of effort between the four of us (mostly my parents) but the room went from being an empty blue office to a gorgeous gray and white nursery with navy and yellow accents!
I started with three different grays on the walls to determine which shade would work best with our lighting.
We painted the top half the middle gray (thanks to the help of my friend, Lauren, who came over to consult before my parents got into town and picked Sabre Gray from Benjamin Moore to try). Then the bottom was painted a semi-gloss white and we installed board and batten. What a project! It took all four of us, but it was so worth it and the look is fantastic!
The old closet doors were only half on the frame, so we replaced those with new ones, painted a fresh coat of white.
And here is the finished result...I. LOVE. IT!!!
We moved the furniture around a bit so when you first walk in, you see my rocker/recliner and the dresser.

Another view, which shows the cornice boards my mom made using an awesome graphic fabric we found.
They go so well with the wall color and I love how sophisticated it looks!
Once you turn into the room and turn left, you see the crib and some storage. I received one of the navy canvas baskets at my shower and found more of them at Target. I love how they look a bit like giraffe print, since we picked a giraffe fabric for the crib bedding.
Back around to the left is a perfectly coordinating yellow bookshelf that my mom's friends got me for my shower. It matches the fabrics exactly and fits just right in its new home! It also holds all the great books that we received at the shower.
Not only is my mom dangerous with a paintbrush and miter saw, she is an amazing seamstress and offered to make all of Nathan's bedding. It's still a work in progress, but she already finished the skirt, one bed sheet and one of the bumpers. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I love how it all goes together and that it's so custom just for us.
It's almost all put together minus some accessorizing I will have to do over the next few weeks. I am so thankful for all the hard work Ryan and my parents put into to making this space such a beautiful room! What an incredible support system I have!!
Having the nursery this much closer to completion makes the fact that baby is only 9 weeks away (give or take) even more of a reality and I am so grateful to say that now we're ready for him! (Almost...)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Cutest nursery ever!! I love the color combos =)

The Nealons said...

it looks AWESOME!!!!

Stefanie said...

Wow! Love the nursery! It is looking awesome!!!

KariBeth and Josh Gentry said...

I love it!! The colors are so great!! He will absolutely love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow.. I love the furniture. The color combination is awesome.. Cool!!!

_____________________
Rattan garden furniture