Monday, March 14, 2011

Shower in Atlanta

After celebrating Carter's first birthday with a huge crowd, it was our turn to be celebrated. My sisters and mom threw an amazing shower for me (and Nathan) while we were in Atlanta and I felt so truly loved to have friends and family gather to welcome our little munchkin.
It was held at my parents' country club, St. Ives, in the same room that my bridal shower was held, so it was a special location. They decorated the room in beautiful flowers and adorable diaper cakes, which I am sure will come in very handy when Nathan is here!
Everyone got necklaces to wear and couldn't say "baby" or would have them taken away. While we waited for everyone to arrive and for lunch to begin, everyone just mingled and talked - it was great to have time to visit with friends and family that I don't get to see often enough!
We feasted on an Asian-inspired menu, with spring rolls and dumplings to start and then chicken lettuce wraps for the entree. It was all delicious and such a pretty presentation!
For dessert, my amazingly talented sister made cake balls (a special request and she did not disappoint!) and onesie cookies were served with Nathan's monogram iced on them. So cute!
The day passed all too quickly and I didn't even have a chance to say hello to everyone that came (I feel so bad about that!) but it was such a lovely time and I am so grateful for all the work that was put into making the day special.
Here are some of the details...they did such a great job putting it all together!
My mom and aunts made the favors - wine charms with a golf or tennis theme. So creative and cute! If only I could use them now...
My Grammy knitted blankets for all of us when we were born so she carried on the tradition and made two for Nathan - yellow and white to match his nursery. They are so soft and match perfectly!My mom's "Gal Pals" got together and had this bookshelf made to hold all of the books we requested in lieu of cards. It was so thoughtful and just what I needed for the nursery. I can't believe how well the yellow goes with our fabrics!
Thank you so much to Alex, Kelly and my mom for making me feel so doted on and for thinking of such special details to make the day perfect! I had a great time and I know Nathan appreciated it, too!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

He got some good stuff and hopefully you have everything you need for his arrival...in a few weeks!! Don't come yet baby N!

The Nealons said...

What a fabulous, fabulous shower. I only wish I could have been there too. Thanks for letting me experience part of the fun through pictures. :)