Tuesday, March 15, 2011

30 weeks - 10 more to go!

Our dear friends, Mike and Lindsay, welcomed baby Parker into the world today and I couldn't be more excited and full of joy for them! Not only can I not wait to meet the little guy who is destined to be great friends with baby Nathan, it makes me realize how much closer we are to meeting our own son. Lindsay has been such a great preggo companion and now she's not pregnant, she's a mom - which only means I will soon be, too! What an amazing adventure God has taken us through and I am so grateful to have someone else sharing the same experience!
How far along: 30 weeks

Size of baby: a head of cabbage, about 15.75 in. and almost 3 lb.

Total weight gain/loss: +20 lbs (I considered waiting another day to see if my weight fluctuates down, but I am recording this to be honest so there it is - I've made it to the low end of the range my doctor thought I'd gain for the whole pregnancy and I'm sure I'll keep going. Oh, well! At least baby M and I are healthy and growing as we should.)

Maternity clothes: same - mostly maternity, although I still sprinkle a few "regular" tops in here and there

Gender: a boy!

Movement: I love feeling Nathan move throughout the day! I sense some patterns but nothing too concrete yet. At the moment, I think he is still head up with his legs folded all the way up by his face (at least he was in the ultrasound last week) - sometimes I can feel where what I think is his head is but for all I know it's his little bum.

Sleep: some nights I get up to use the bathroom and others I make it almost to my alarm before having to get up. I'm still sleeping pretty well, thankfully, and know I need to get more rest but it's so hard when there's so much to do each day!

What I miss: being able to move with more ease (it's getting more and more difficult to bend over and do other simple tasks) and not getting winded so easily.

Cravings: nothing specific but I still enjoy my sweets.

Symptoms: same as usual - back pain, Braxton Hicks, redness in my calves. I'm also back to enjoying some heartburn and bloatiness. Nathan has been poking up by my ribs, too, so I'm definitely feeling that!

Best moment this week: we went for a "make-up" ultrasound to see if Nathan would cooperate a bit better than last time. He did, and we got some great pics! I'll post those separately. We also took a preparation for birth class and while I didn't have the highest expectations it was actually really enjoyable and informative. Our instructor was helpful and funny and the group we were with asked some really great questions. It makes the big delivery day all that more real and definitely stirred up some anxiety but I am glad we went and learned what we did. I think it made it more real for Ryan, too, and I loved seeing him get emotional over the birth videos we watched. He is going to be such a great support on the big day!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats to Lindsay!! Nathan will be here before we know it! WOW!!

Stefanie said...

I just had a "wow it is so close moment" when I saw that you are 65 days away! THAT is so close!!!